Saturday, January 14, 2012

Changes!

Wow!  Just decided to change just about everything about my blog.  Unless you're a member of my family, you probably could care less about my Books.  Ergo:  let's talk about anything of mutual interest, other peoples' books...the weather...movies...cooking.  Maybe a certain day for certain subjects.  You know, like "Wednesday is Prince Spaghetti Day."  On second thought, maybe not. 
Today it's baking.   Just how hard is it to make a cake from a mix?  It seems to be beyond my skill level today.  Granted, I was embellishing, making a coconut filling like the old Bundt Cake mixes, but I've certainly done that before.  LSS..all the ingredients were sitting out for my use.  Two eggs for the filling and three eggs for the cake.  Made the filling.  It was the perfect consistency and quite yummy.  Made the cake (remember, this is a mix) and poured it into the pan.  Put the filling on in precisely the right spot and shoved the whole thing into the oven.  Started cleaning up. Wash bowls and utensils. Put away ingredient containers.  Wipe the counter...wait.  Why are there 3 eggs sitting here?
I ended up patting the cake together with my hands while it was still a bit warm.  Even the glaze can't disguise the mess that is my cake.   I guess tomorrow It'll be a different subject, I hope one with more success.

No comments:

Post a Comment