Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Potato Chip Scarf

Now for something completely different.  I offer you,,,courtesy of my dear friend, Carol Sue, the directions for a lovely scarf , ta - da....
the Potato chip Scarf.    I consider myself a novice when it comes to knitting.  It's odd but 20 years ago I knew a lot more than I do  today.





Back to subject - if you know the basic knit stitch you can make this scarf.   It can be made on just about any size needle with just about any yarn.   In this project I chose Sz. 8 needles and a lustrous bamboo yarn that would be considered  worsted wight.


Cast on 20 sts.

 Knit the 20 sts.
*Knit 8 sts.  Turn project and knit the 8 sts.
 Knit 6 sts.   Turn and knit.
 Knit 4 sts.  Turn and knit.
 Knit 20 sts. *
 Repeat until scarf is the length you want.
 Bind off.

 Note,,,when you 1st begin to knit, two appendages will appear. (lol)  Maybe they look like potato chips to someone. 

                                  
 Keep on knitting and soon the scarf will start to turn on itself and make
a sort of ruffle.
This is as far as I've gotten on 1- 3 oz. skein.  I will probably go thru 2 more to get the length I want, but every yarn will be different, depending on yardage. 

Fair warning to friends and family....expect one for Xmas.


It's a fun and easy project that I like to do while watching the Tube in the evening.  
It's fairly easy to keep track of your place in the pattern,  I just make sure that I end each session with a K20 row.

I hope someone gives this a try.  Be sure and post a photo if you do.
Good luck  and have fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment